Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Amazing Day

Ok, so it didn't start out amazing. But it got there. I managed to do a Plank before I left for class at 8 am. I got some homework done that was due today and took a test. No thrills yet, but I ate well. So after tutoring and Biology Lab, I finally got the chance to go to the gym! I considered putting it off til my husband got home, but boy that wouldn't have worked!

I got to the gym and found out about Spring Break group fitness classes for next week. Then I hopped on the treadmill. I took it easy on the incline today.
I warmed up for 10 minutes at around 3.5 mph. (While reading my anatomy study guide)
Then I ran for 5 minutes at 5 mph and I was amazed that no part of me was hurting and I wasn't even out of breath! My heart is getting stronger! That made me excited.
I walked at 3.5 mph for 2 minutes before raising the incline to 4% for the next 3 minutes.
The second burst was more difficult because I picked up the pace and walked 5 minutes at 4.0 mph at 4%, then lowered it to 3.5 mph keeping the incline for the next 3 min. 4.0 just REALLY hurts my shins!
After that I dropped the incline to 2%, walked 5 min, then ran for - get this - 8 MINUTES(!) at 5.0! That's the longest duration I've EVER done straight-through!
At that point I took the incline all the way down to zero and walked it out to the 45 minute mark.

Stats:
Kept HR (Heart Rate) between 140-160
2.6 miles
300 calories burned
45 minute workout

Can you say "ENDORPHINS"?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment