Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FitPLAN

Highest weight: 200 lbs
Present weight: 158 lbs and holding steady
Goal weight: 140 lbs

Obstacles: 
Needing to breastfeed every few hours makes mobility limited.
 
and
Walking fast makes my shins hurt!

Fat Combating Techniques:
Walking quick enough to keep my heart rate at 155 for at least half an hour.

Also, I have discovered that my obliques are VERY weak, so I'm going to start my mornings with a swivel plank and then the Good Morning workout from fitnessmagazine.com: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/total-body-workouts/drop-a-jeans-size-2009.htm
or my 5 minute Pilates with cords DVD for toning.


A week ago, I had worked up to walking 45 min at 3.6-4.0 mph, alternating 4-6% incline on the treadmill. (I love the treadmill cause I can set up my anatomy homework and study while I walk. VERY focused study time.)
Last week I didn't make it to the gym on any weekday, and apparently taking the stairs to class just doesn't cut it when it comes to maintaining muscle stamina. I got on the treadmill Saturday and was in awful pain in 10 minutes. I will have to keep up my walking routine every day to work back up to that level of endurance and intensity.

My goal is to walk for 45 min every day. Every day I will alternate intensity since I'm keeping the time the same. This outlines the general pattern:
  • Warm Up: Walk easily, then briskly: 5 minutes
  • Power walk: 2 minutes
  • Run fast (but don't sprint): 4 minutes
  • Repeat Steps 1 & 2: 6 times
  • Cool Down: Walk easily: 4 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Today is Tuesday, and I was able to meet my goal activities!


As for meals:

Crunchy Raisin Bran with Chocolate Slimfast for breakfast

I carried carrots and glazed walnuts to class but managed to not eat them until this afternoon ( I was in class from 8-3)

After the mid-morning baby feeding, I had a granola bar

When I got home from class I had Banquet Chicken Tenders and the carrot/walnut snack I'd packed earlier
I also had a 60 cal yogurt

I drank oodles of water and 1 pack of 5 cal Strawberry Energy Drink Mix in one of the water bottles

After the workout and the concert I attended with the baby (now 9 pm), I'm having parmesan pasta (made with only water, no milk) with cucumbers and canned chicken. I actually properly portioned this pasta! I don't know that I've EVER done that before. Literally. There is plenty left for later.

I'm fighting the urge to go for one of those tiny white chocolate meltaways to reward my awesomeness...but NO! Know why? Because of you ;)

2 comments: