Tuesday, March 2, 2010

and...ACTION!

Welcome to my first blog post! I am starting this blog thanks to an article I read about blogging away the last 10 lbs. :) Sounds funny, right?

Blogging for accountability will supposedly hold me to my action plan and motivate me to make the changes that will lead to attaining my goal. This is my commitment to the experiment.

I will make a separate post with my action plan later. Right now, I'd like to explain why I chose this name for the blog and what has brought me to pursue weight loss.

On October 16, 2009, I gave birth to a baby weighing 9.9 lbs. The next day I still weighed 200 lbs. Ironically enough, I got off the birth control pill in order to lose weight in January of '09. That plan backfired. ;) Right before I got pregnant, I weighed 158 lbs. I had started that January on a course to get down to 140. Now I am renewing that plan, only with a different date.


I promised myself that by the time I finished breastfeeding him when he's a year old that I would be back to 140 lbs. Breastfeeding has so far enabled me to lose the baby-weight. It burns about 500 calories a day, so with little formal exercise I have lost 40 lbs. Some days I even see 156 on the scale when I wake up in the morning! Those are great days! :)

In order to be at a maintainable 24 BMI I need to get to 140 lbs. It would be great if I could do it by Graduation on May 7th. I would appreciate the accountability of knowing you will be checking up on my progress.

As to the name:
I chose "Reforming Mom" because I may post about progress in my spiritual life, what I'm learning about God and how that is changing me. Reformed Theology is about being transformed into the image of God. So as my body is reshaped I am also going to be seeking his truth and will for my life and I may share that here sometimes. I welcome your feedback, advice and debate. Check back tomorrow for my gameplan!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting this blog! I am in the process of losing weight and this will help me also. It sounds like you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete