Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break Shake-Up

So, I was good today and did my resistance routine before showering and before breakfast. It was crucial that I did it then because we spent the rest of the morning at the Health Department waiting to get the baby's shots. I haven't made it to cardio yet today. I'm debating whether to get a babysitter and go to the gym or do Cardio Salsa with Netflix.

I stocked up on all the ingredients to make a new and different casserole every day. All of them are pasta and potato free, with fresh ingredients, albeit lots of cheese :)~ Yum! I did get low- or non-fat cheese though, so I'm not backsliding. I just need to use this week to polish up on my domestic skills. 

Here is what I'm going to do for cardio tomorrow: Cardio Salsa in the morning, and Treadmill Burst Training in the evening. This was my inspiration:

Break It Up. Finding it hard to fit your workout into your schedule? Breaking your cardio routine into two separate exercises actually promotes higher fat loss. "Two 15-minute sessions of high-intensity aerobics per day (before breakfast and after your last meal) is more than twice as effective as a single low-intensity 60-minute session," says Timothy Harris, Director of Athletic Development at Adaptagenix Biosciences. "Focus on brief, intense, and more frequent aerobic exercise for faster results."

If exercising more than once a day is out of the question, try strength/interval training. "Break up your [lifting] exercises and run on the treadmill for three minutes in between to keep your heart rate up and strengthen your muscles in the same amount of time," says Kevin Gianni, author of Lifestyle Fitness Points System. "You will spend less time in the gym and see better results."

No comments:

Post a Comment