Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Breakthrough!

Today I got a lot of housecleaning done! I also cooked a Zucchini Casserole for a couple in our Sunday School class that just had a baby. ( I forgot to get a picture of it ;( It smelled yummy, so I'll have to make another so I can try it!)
This evening I didn't expect to get a chance to go to the gym so I decided to do extra resistance training while watching the Biggest Loser.

I used a 5 lb dumbbell in each hand and strapped on my 2.5 lb weights to my ankles for the leg lifts. I used a resistance band for the leg press. The bicep curls were the easiest so I did 2 sets of 20 interspersed throughout the rest of the arm routine. I did 10 lunges with weights on each leg.

Then my loving husband came home early and I had just enough time to get a workout at the gym before it closed at 8. Stats:

40 min
2.75 miles
336 calories

I did burst training to get this great turnout.
5 min warmup
6 min run at 5.6 mph
2 min cooldown
5 min run at 5.5 mph
5 min cooldown
4 min run at 5.4 mph
walked out the remainder
Even during the running my Heart Rate didn't get about 169 (upper limit for fat burning zone)! I have lowered my heart rate and endurance has improved literally by minutes. I have NEVER in my life trained myself to run even in 6 min spurts. I may just run a 5k after all and solidify my husbands admiration for all time! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment