Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Healthy Hair!

I got a haircut, and it has done wonders! The epidural caused me to lose a lot of hair for months 3-4 after the baby. Now that its finally stopped shedding, I REALLY needed some shape to it. My stylist at GreatClips, Debra, is so intuitive. She gave me EXACTLY what I wanted without even seeing a picture:
________________________________________

Here's something I found that encouraged me this morning because I'm a trusting optimist: "In short, women who were optimistic and held the expectation that good things, as opposed to bad things, would happen to them were 30% less likely to die from heart disease than their pessimistic counterparts. The study also found that trusting women were 23% less likely to die of cancer than their cynically hostile or highly mistrustful counterparts. It appears that a pessimistic approach to life and hostile attitude toward people opens one up to illness and can shorten one’s life. This is a powerful lesson for those seeking peace of mind, good healthand longevity. So, I suggest you begin injecting a bit of hopefulness and positive thinking into your day and start reaping the wellness benefits of optimism." - Dr. Sklare

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Rosa!

    I know I'm dreading the hairloss that's sure to happen after my baby is born, even though I won't be having an epidural (hopefully). Nearly all new Moms lose their hair for up to six months after birth due to hormonal changes, not necessarily due to epidurals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. All the moms I have talked to that did not use epidurals and went all natural kept their hair. Of course, I'd rather stay pain free and get an awesome hairdo to fix the problem. (And hope that the vaccuum doesn't get clogged up by shedding Mommy). Hope yours goes great! I loved the whole process (except for water breaking ;)

    ReplyDelete